We may collect and process the following information about you: • Personal information including, for example, your name, e-mail address, telephone number, photographic and video images, information about your usage of the Products and information collected by tracking technologies as further described below that may identify you as an individual or allow online or offline contact with you as an individual.
• The Unscripted App does not collect or process credit or debit card (“Payment Card”) information. Apple and Google collect Payment Card information with respect to in-app purchases made through the Apps, and our third party payment service provider (“payment processors”) collects Payment Card information with respect to purchases made through the Apps. Such payment processors generally provide us with some limited information related to you, such as a unique token that enables you to make additional purchases using the information they have stored, and your card’s type, expiration date, card verification code and card identification number.
• Facebook profile information, such as name, email address, and Facebook ID, if you choose to log in to the Products through Facebook.
• Device Information such as operating system version, device type, and system performance information.
• Information collected via tracking technologies, as fully described in section 4.
• If you choose to invite a “Friend” to use the Products using our Friend system, we will ask you for their name and email address. We will use this information to invite him or her to join the Products. We store this information for the sole purpose of sending invitations and tracking the success of our Friend program. If your Friend would like us to delete his or her information, they can do so by opting-out as described in each invitation or by contacting us at [email protected].
If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, you can contact us at [email protected]. Except as described under the “Disclosure of Your Information” section below, we do not provide your personal information to any third party without your specific consent.
If you sign up to receive promotional materials from us via email we will use the information you give us to provide the communications you have requested. If you inform us that you wish to cancel email promotional materials by selecting “unsubscribe” at the bottom of such communication or by emailing us at [email protected], we will remove you from our mailing list. If you no longer wish to receive push notifications, you may turn them off at the device level.
If you provide your phone number to us directly or through a third-party for the specific purpose of sending/receiving an SMS message with a link to our Apps, you will receive such SMS message (the “SMS Service”). Standard text message rates will apply.
Unscripted and our analytics partners use technologies such as cookies, beacons, tags, and scripts to enable a service to recognise your device so you do not have to provide the same information several times during one task, recognise that you may have already given a password so you do not need to do it for every web page requested, and to measure how people are using the Products.
We use local storage, such as HTML5, to store content information and preferences. Third parties with whom we partner to provide certain features on the Products also use HTML5 to collect and store information. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5.
We partner with third parties, such as Facebook and Google, to manage our advertising of the Products on other sites or platforms as well as across your other devices based on your past visits to our website. Our third party partners may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities within the Products to deliver such advertising to you, such as retargeting ads. We will acquire consent from you in order to use such trackers for advertising purposes to the extent required by applicable law. We currently do not respond to do-not-track signals. For more information about interest-based ads, including how to opt-out of having your web-browsing information used for behavioral advertising purposes, please visit www.aboutads.info/choices. Please note that this does not opt you out of being served ads. You may continue to receive generic ads on these third party platforms. You may also opt out of receiving ads across devices by adjusting your ad preference in your Google account.
We use third party trackers to let us know when users have visited the Products by “clicking-through” our sponsored advertising or content hosted on third party platforms. The Products use Google Analytics code to gather statistical information. Google Analytics sets cookies to help us accurately estimate the number of visitors to the Products and the volumes of usage of the Products. This is done to ensure that the Products are available when you want them and are fast. For more information on how Google Analytics processes this information, visit www.google.com/analytics.
We use mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality of our mobile software on your phone. This software may record information such as how often you engage with the Products, the events that occur within the Products, aggregated usage and performance data, and where the Apps were downloaded from. We may link the information we store within the analytics software to any personal information you submit within the mobile application.
As true of most websites, we gather certain information and automatically and store it in log files. This information may include Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data.
If you receive the HTML-formatted version of our email newsletter, your opening of the newsletter is notified to us and saved. Your clicks on links in the newsletter are also saved. These and the open statistics are used in aggregate form to give us an indication of the popularity of the content and to help us make decisions about future content and formatting.
All information you provide to us through the Products is stored on our secure servers located in the US. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology; all payment information is stored with our payment processor and is never stored on Unscripted’s servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Products, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone, and suggest that you change your password frequently.
The transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, no internet transmission is completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to the Products; any transmission is at your own risk.
You can log into our Products using sign-in services such as Facebook Connect or an Open ID provider. These services will authenticate your identity, provide you the option to share certain personal information (such as your name and email address) with us, and to pre-populate our sign-up form. Services like Facebook Connect give you to the option to post information about your activities on our Products or to your profile page to share with others within your network.
You may access your personal information to modify or update at any time via an online account, or by emailing [email protected].
To request the deletion of your personal data that we have on file please email us at [email protected]. Upon request, Unscripted will take reasonable measures to permanently and irrevocably anonymize your data such that it can never be reconstructed to identify you as an individual.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
• To ensure that content provided by the Products is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device.
• To provide you with information, products or services related to Unscripted that will facilitate your engagement with the Products.
• To provide you with promotional communications, such as email, to the extent that you have provided consent to receive such communications.
• To provide you with customer service communications and technical support.
• To carry out our obligations arising from any agreements entered into between you and us.
• To allow you to participate in interactive features of the Products.
• To notify you about changes to the Products.
• To understand your broad, non-specific geographic location to help us identify groups of users by general geographic market (such as zip code, state or country).
• To account for applicable sales taxes based on zip codes provided to our payment processors for purchases made through the Apps.
• To serve our advertisements to you through third party platforms, such as Facebook or Google, on other sites and apps or across your devices, to the extent that you have provided consent for such uses under applicable law
• To provide you with the SMS Service to the extent that you have provided consent for such practices under applicable law.
• We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
• Details of transactions you carry out through the Products and of the fulfillment of your Product orders.
• Details of your visits to and interactions with the Products including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
• If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or in-Product communication) with information about products and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties as follows:
• In some circumstances, based on your specific requests, we may need to disclose your personal information to a third party so that they can provide a service you have requested from such party, or fulfill a request for information from such party. An example of this is the SMS Service.
• In some circumstances, we may disclose the personal information that you have provided to Unscripted to a third party that offers and/or provides goods or services complementary to our own for the purpose of enhancing our users’ experiences by offering you integrated or complementary functionality, complementary services or bundled pricing options.
• If Unscripted’s service providers (like hosting, market analytics, and payment service providers) require this information to provide services to Unscripted. Unscripted requires each of its service providers to agree to maintain the confidentiality and security of your personal information.
• In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
• If Unscripted or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
• If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation such as to comply with a subpoena, bankruptcy proceedings, similar legal process, or in order to enforce or apply our agreements with you; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Unscripted, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
• With third parties, such as Facebook, in order to serve Unscripted advertisements on such third party platforms, to the extent that you have consented to such practices under applicable law.
To the extent that you have provided appropriate consent under applicable law to certain processing activities, such consent can be withdrawn at any time by emailing [email protected].
The Products may, from time to time, contain links to and from the Products of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these external websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these websites or their policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these external websites.
Our Products include social media features, such as the Facebook Like button, and widgets, such as the “Share This” button, or interactive mini-programs. These features may collect your Internet protocol address, which page you are visiting on or Products, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. Social media features and widgets are hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our Products. Your interactions with these features are governed by the privacy statement of the company providing it.
You must be 18 years of age, or the age of majority in your province, territory or country, to sign up as a registered user of the Products. If you are under the age of 18 you must not download, access or use the Products.
Unscripted users may have the ability to post content to one or more Unscripted forums. All such users may request and obtain removal of such posted content by contacting Unscripted at [email protected] and specifically identifying the content to be removed. Please be advised that any such removal does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of all traces of the content posted on the Unscripted forum(s).